My heart sank as I have never been successful in removing grease before. I immediately googled some solutions, most of which called for some form of dry-cleaning solvent. So, I went out and purchased some denatured alcohol and followed the directions on the You-Tube video. The stains did not budge. So I researched further. One website suggested absorbing with corn starch first, then vacuuming it up to absorb any excess, so I did that. Then another site mentioned adding coconut oil to the denatured alcohol. That made sense to me, since the stain is oil-based. However, It didn't do that much better than the alcohol alone.
I then recalled that my orange essential oil is successful at removing a plethora of stickies and gunkies, so I thought I'd give it a shot. To my amazement and relief, it worked!
- Test an inconspicuous spot for colorfastness and oil residue.
- Place a few drops of orange essential oil on a white cotton rag.
- Work into the grease stain without rubbing. Work in several directions until stain is lifted.
- Use some warm soapy water on the spot to degrease from orange oil residue.
- Blot with clean cotton rag to dry.